Eggless Mishti Doi Cheesecake Recipe
Do you also like to experiment with food? Here’s a fun fusion recipe that you will absolutely love! If that wasn’t enough, this is also an extremely healthy dessert that you can enjoy guilt-free!
Eggless Mishti Doi Cheesecake is a fusion dish of two places, India and America. Mishti Doi is an extremely popular yoghurt dessert in West Bengal and Odisha. On the other hand, cheesecakes were originally very famous in New York before the entire world became a big fan of this soft, delicious dessert.
The Eggless Mishti Doi Cheesecake is very light with a sweet and tangy taste to it.
Here’s a simple recipe for the Eggless Mishti Doi Cheesecake that you can make from the comfort of your home!
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Cooking time: 30 minutes
Chilling time minimum: 5 to 6 hours
Make sure you have these ingredients before getting started:
For the base
- 100 grams of digestive biscuits
- 50 grams melted unsalted butter
- 50 grams powdered jaggery
For the cheesecake filling:
- 1 tin sweetened condensed milk
- 200 ml whole cream
- 250 grams A2 Mishti Doi
Pro Tip: When I was looking for the healthiest, most flavourful Mishti Doi near me, I came across Native Milk. Take a look at their wide range of A2 milk-based products and give your dairy supplements a healthy twist.
- 200 grams pistachios finely chopped
- A handful of organic rose petals
- White chocolate
Before you start the cooking process, put the A2 Misti Dohi in a muslin cloth and hang it for an hour. This is done to remove the whey (excess liquid).
Now for the recipe! Follow these simple steps to make the base of the cheesecake.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C.
- In a food processor or a blender, add the digestive biscuits and jaggery. Blend it till a fine texture is obtained.
- Add the melted unsalted butter to it and blend it again till all the ingredients are properly mixed.
- Cover the baking tin with foil. Then transfer this base mixture to the baking tin and spread it evenly.
- Bake it for 20 minutes. This way, the crust of A2 Mishti Doi Cheesecake will be ready.
- Allow it to cool, and then freeze it for 30 minutes.
While the base of the cheesecake is freezing, you can get started with the cheesecake filling:
- In a bowl, add the hung A2 Mishti Doi, condensed milk and cream.
- Whisk these ingredients till a smooth texture is obtained. Make sure it is free from any lumps.
Method to make the Eggless Mishti Doi Cheesecake:
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160°C.
- Take out the baking tin from the freezer, which contains the base of the cheesecake.
- On top of the base, pour the cheesecake filling.
- Lightly tap the tin once to make any air bubbles disappear.
- Fill the baking tray with 1 cup of warm water and then place the baking tin filled with the contents in the oven.
- Bake it for 20 minutes. Then, leave it in the oven for a few minutes to cool down.
- Once it is cooled, cover the baking tin and keep it in the refrigerator overnight. In case it needs to be eaten the same day, then allow it to chill for at least 5 to 6 hours.
- When it is removed from the refrigerator, demould the cheesecake from the baking tin and place it on a serving plate or cake stand.
- Grate white chocolate on top of this cheesecake.
- Finally, garnish it with pistachios and rose petals.
Voila! Your Eggless Mishti Doi Cheesecake is ready!
Some useful tips to keep in mind while making this recipe
- It tastes best if made a day before and refrigerated overnight.
- Instead of baking it in the oven, it can also be made in an instant pot or pressure cooker as well.
- Do not over-mix the cheesecake mixture. It will make the cheesecake puffy. Just blend it gently.
- When the batter rises, prick the surface with a toothpick. This will help in getting a smooth surface.